White Spots Removal
What are these white spots on my teeth?
A very common problem that can occur while a patient has braces is the formation of white spots during treatment. When the braces are removed, some patients will have unsightly white spots on their teeth. The white spots are the decalcified areas of the teeth where plaque was allowed to stay for long periods of time from poor brushing techniques and poor oral hygiene.
What can be done to prevent white spots from developing?
Simply brush your teeth and keep the plaque to a minimum! Plaque will accumulate mainly underneath the wire and around the brackets near your gums, so brush thoroughly. Maintain a 3-month cleaning visit with our hygienist, Jen, to keep your gums and teeth in optimum health.
Do a good inspection after you brush. Look at your teeth. If you see anything on your teeth, it is either plaque or food. Take your toothbrush that you just used and remove it. Besides using a regular toothbrush, we highly recommend an electric toothbrush in reducing plaque and bacteria.
What can be done about the white spots?
Icon is a new way to stop the progression of an early cavity before it needs to be treated using a needle or drill. This breakthrough treatment preserves healthy tooth structure, prolonging the life expectancy of the natural teeth and is completed in just one visit! See instant results before you leave our office today!
Photos are from our actual patient with ICON treatment. Patient was also treated with our in office bleaching
Benefits of ICON
- Highly esthetic alternative to microabrasion and restorative treatments of cariogenic white spots
- Enables immediate treatment of lesions not yet advanced enough for restoration; ends “wait & see” approach
- Micro-invasive technology
- Prolonged life expectancy of tooth
- Arrests progression of lesions that are too advanced for fluoride therapy
- Treated lesions lose whitish appearance and look like healthy enamel
- No drilling or anesthesia required
- Cosmetic treatment of white spots in one visit
- Arrests caries progress without unnecessary loss of healthy hard tissue
- Prevents lesion progression